- 5 min. Introduction
- 20 min. Showcase Preparation
- 30 min. Engineering Showcase
- 10 min. Landscape Reveal and Family Connections
- 5 min. Reflect
70 min. Total
Prep Time: 15 min (several days in advance)
- Set up Space Screens and Materials Table.
- Invite community members.
This snapshot intended for quick reminders and is not a replacement of the guide. Be sure to use the guide for detailed preparation instructions and implementation scripts.
21st Century Skills Connection
Habits of Mind
- See themselves as problem solvers
- Make evidence-based decisions
Youth recommend a remote sensing technology to be sent on a spacecraft.
How can we share information about our remote sensing technology design with others?
Youth Will Do
Discuss what they have learned with members of their community.
Youth Will Know
- Communicating with others is an important part of an engineering design process.
- As engineers, they have valuable knowledge to share about the problem they have solved.
Family Connections Story Prompt
Can you tell me a story about a time when you showed others something you built or created?
Connecting Across Activities
- In the previous Activity, youth improved their remote sensing devices.
- In this Activity, they meet with community members at an Engineering Showcase to have conversations about their designs and remote sensing.
- Next, youth can participate in PLANETS Remote Sensing: Science Series to learn more about the science of remote sensing.