Focus Group Interviews Completed
This opportunity has closed, but PLANETS will be leading working sessions and Beta-testing in 2022.
Contact us if you would like to be added to the PLANETS mailing list.
Do you work with learners who are in grades 3-8 and who are:
- Emergent Bilingual?
- Native American/Alaskan/Hawaiian? Or
- Experiencing physical disabilities?
What was the purpose of the study?
The study took place Summer, 2021 and examined:
- What are effective practices for supporting the underserved learners in STEM learning in OST environments?
- How well prepared are OST educators to meet the needs of youth experiencing physical disabilities, Native Americans, and English language learners?
- What support is most needed by OST educators to meet the needs of youth who are bilingual emergent learners, Native American, and/or experience physical disabilities in order to facilitate effective STEM learning?
How did educators get involved?
- Submit your name and contact info now by completing the form below.
- When you receive a confirmation email, you will be asked to answer a few questions to verify your experience in OST, that you agree to participate in a 90-minute focus group interview, and can be contacted for follow-up as needed.
- Your application will be reviewed by our focus group committee and they will work with you to schedule a time for the focus group.
- Once focus groups are completed, you will receive a $50 gift card for your time.
Find out more
The study is part of the PLANETS OST program, a planetary science and engineering program funded through NASA. We need your help and expertise in the design of materials to best support OST educators. We invite you to join us for a focus group conversation with other OST professionals to learn from and share your expertise.
Contact Sean Ryan at Sean.Ryan@nau.edu for more information.