5 min. Introduction
15 min. Presentation Preparation
20 min. Showcase
5 min. Reveal
10 min. Reflect
55 min. Total
The Educator Guide has a script, materials list, and prep directions. Be sure to have it open and ready to help guide you through every activity.
* Post the Engineering Design Process poster.
* Arrange the Space Screens similar to Activities 4 and 5.
* Create a Materials Table with the materials from Activity 4.
* Invite people from the community (including families and friends of youth) to the Engineering Showcase, and assign roles using the Scientists Cards.
Communicate (in engineering): To share information, data, or ideas in order to improve designs or inspire new designs.
EDP Steps Used In This Activity
Youth prepare a final presentation. They recommend a site using the data they have gathered as evidence.
* If you do not have an opportunity to brief the visitors playing the scientists, have one or more youth provide a summary of the different missions.
* Ask questions to help youth accurately communicate their results.
End of Activity Engineering Reflection
Today we communicated our recommendations to the scientists. The EDP is a process we can use to solve other problems.
Key Take Away
We can communicate our recommendations based on the data we collected with our remote sensing technologies.
Did you know?
Engineers and Scientists present their discoveries and inventions all the time at professional conferences around the world. In academia this is called Scholarship.