5 min. Duo Update
10 min. Set the Stage
30 min. Activity
5 min. Reflect
50 min. Total
The Educator Guide has a script, materials list, and prep directions. Be sure to have it open and ready to help guide you through every activity. For this activity, don't forget to:
- Print and Post the EDP Poster
- Get the Duo message ready
- Make card samples (pp.2 Youth Engineering Journal).
EDP Steps Used In This Activity
Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create
Youth engage in an engineering design challenge using an Engineering Design Process (EDP).
- Find and be ready to play the Audio Duo messages (see below)
- Alternatively, print the Audio Duo messages from the educator guide and hide under somebody's chair as a "secret message" that needs to be found and read
- In wrap up, identify each step of the EDP used in the activity
Duo Message Audio File
Play this message to introduce the engineering challenge for prep activity 1 of Space Gloves
End of Activity Engineering Reflection
Today we used an Engineering Design Process (EDP) to solve a problem. We will use this same process to solve other problems when we learn about Space Hazards.
Key Take Away
We are engineers!
Did you know?
Use duct tape much? You probably engineer more than you think. Anytime you design a makeshift tool because you don't have exactly what you need, you are engineering.