Dear Family Member,
This Remote Sensing Investigation was created by PLANETS, a partnership between learning experts and planetary scientists to create fun educational activities using NASA science. PLANETS is funded by NASA and stands for Planetary Learning that Advances the Nexus of Engineering, Technology, and Science.
Age Range: This game is intended for kids ages 11-14 years to play independently or with family members. The engineering activity is intended as a family activity.
Time needed: About 30 minutes for each activity
Print or apply for a free kit online:
- 4-page investigation guide
- 4 pages of image data sheets
- 1 slide of diffraction grating (or peel the label off an old CD)
- Black tape (or color any tape black with a permanent marker)
- Small cardboard box (less than a foot along the longest edge)
Thanks for playing!
This material is based upon work supported by NASA under cooperative agreement award number NNX16AC53A. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).