Introduction: 5 min.
Identify: 5 min.
Create: 20 min.
Test & Communicate: 15 min.
Reflect: 10 min.
55 min. Total
- Post EDP Poster
- Set up Group Materials: 100 index cards, ruler, scissors
- Set up Materials Table: 4 rolls masking tape
- Fill and seal water container
Criteria: Things that you or your design need to do.
Constraints: Ways that you or your design are limited.
Water in Extreme Environments FAQ's
EDP Steps Used In This Activity
Plan, Create, Test
Youth engage in an engineering design challenge using an Engineering Design Process (EDP), criteria, and constraints.
1. Identify each EDP step used in wrap up
- Work in groups
- 1 foot container
- Support container 10 seconds
- 20 minutes
- Given materials
- Scissors and ruler not in tower
Today we used an EDP to solve problems with criteria and constraints.
Key Take Away
We are engineers!
Did you know?
Use duct tape much? You probably engineer more than you think. Anytime you design a makeshift tool because you don't have exactly what you need, you are engineering.