Introduction: 5 min
Investigate: 10 min
Imagine & Improve: 15 min
Video: 10 min
Reflect: 10 min
50 min. Total
• Post EDP Poster
• Post technology definition
• Set up Special Report Video to view
• Set up and test the Powerpoint game or re-create with sticky notes
EDP Steps Used In This Activity
Youth consider the definition of technology as any thing or process humans (engineers) design to solve a problem. The Special Report Video sets the context for the entire unit.
- Make sure PowerPoint is in Presenter Mode for trivia game
- Low tech Trivia Option, p. 1 O
- Don't skip the video! It sets the stage for the unit.
- Videos can be subtitled in different languages: Click CC & Settings
Videos Related to This Activity
Today we investigated how engineers design water reuse technologies in places where water is scarce.
Key Take Away
Processes designed by humans to solve problems are technologies.
Did you know?
The Earth has a process to purify water naturally: the water cycle. It's not a technology because humans did not design it, even if it does solve a human problem.