Youth learn how we explore other planets and moons remotely by:
- Engineering a remote sensing device with basic materials (Engineering Activities P1-E7);
- Exploring actual data from Mars to find out what landforms, terrain, and minerals are there (Science Activities S1-S3);
- Choosing a landing site for a future rover (Science Activity S4).
Step 1: Get Your Educator Guides and Materials
Step 2: Get Ready to Teach - Educator Videos, Quick Tips, and Digital Resources
Press the thumbnails below to see the videos, quick tips, and resources for each activity.
Step 3: Improve Teamwork, Collaboration, and Build 21st Century Skills
Step 4: Going Beyond
Got youth hooked on STEM and space science? Try these endless connections:
Interested in becoming a planetary science educator?
- participate in PLANETS professional development and research;
- attend a conference; or
- pursue other amazing opportunities offered through NASA.